2. (Dhascharatha) seeks counsel regarding Raama's coronation.
3. Preparation for royal coronation.
4. Fixing date and time for coronation.
5. Vasishta instructs (Raama) about rituals.
6. Raama takes vows.
7. (Hunchback) Manthara Bemoans.
8. (Manthara) disturbs Kaikeyi's mind.
9. Strategy to send Raama to forest: Kaikeyi enters house of sorrow.
10. (Dhascharatha tries to) pacify Kaikeyi.
11. Kaikeyi demands the two boons.
12. (Dhascharatha) curses Kaikeyi.
13. (Dhascharatha) again tries to pacify Kaikeyi.
14. (Kaikeyi) sends for Sumanthra to fetch Raama.
15. Sumanthra enters Raama's abode.
16. Raama goes (to see his father).
17. Raama's arrival (at Dhascharatha's palace).
18. (Kaikeyi) orders Raama to go to forest.
19. (Raama) vows to go to forest.
20. Kowsalya's bemoaning.
21. (Raama) swears to honour his father's command.
22. The 'way' of fate and destiny.
23. Lakshmana's wrath.
24. (Raama) enlightens Kowsalya.
25. (Raama) receives mother's blessings.
26. Raama gives advice to Seetha.
The Mahabharata tells of a Great War, and the events that lead upto it. The original Mahabharata in Sankrit is an epic poem of 100,000 couplets seven times as long as the Iliad and the Odyssey together(less)
K. Pathak, Sanjay Singh and P.
2. Bael (Aegle marmelos)/P.
L. Saroj, R.
S. Singh and A.
3. Barbados cherry (Malpighia punicifolia)/D.
Pandey, D.Mishra, G.
Pandey and S.K.
Ber (Ziziphus mauritiana)/B.B.
Cactus pear (Opuntia ficus indica)/R.S.
Chirounjee (Buchanania lanzan)/R.K.
Tewari and C.K.
Citrus (Citrus spp.)/R.
K. Sonkar and Satya Prakash.
8. Custard apple (Annona squamosa)/I.
B. Maurya and D.
9. Date palm (phoenix dactylifera)/J.
Naqvi and R. Porwal.
10. Fig (Ficus carica)/D.
11. Grape (Vitis vinifera)/Dhurendra Singh and A.
12. Guava (Psidium guajava)/P.
L. Saroj and Dhurendra Singh.
13. Jamun (Syzygium cuminii)/Sanjay Singh.
14. Karonda (Carissa congesta)/O.
P. Awasthi, Dhurendra Singh and Anil Kr.
Ker (Capparis decidua)/P.L.
Dhandar and O.P.
Khejri (prosopis cineraria) P.L.
Saroj and A. Nagaraja.
17. Kumut (Acacia senegal)/R.
S. Dhaka, M.
R. Choudhary and S.
Lasoda (Cordia dichotoma)/P.K.
54. (Raama) goes to Bharadhwaja's hermitage.
55. They cross Yamuna river.
56. (Raama) goes to Chithrakoot.
57. Sumanthra enters Ayodhya.
58. (Sumanthra) conveys Raama's message (to Dhascharatha).
59. Dhascharatha wails.
60. Sumanthra consoles Kowsalya.
61. (Kowsalya) rebukes Dhascharatha.
62. Dhascharatha consoles Kowsalya.
63. (Dhascharatha'a anecdote): his killing of a son of a Muni.
64. King Dhascharatha dies.
65. The royal ladies cry.
66. Preserving the body of Dhascharatha in herbal oil.
67. The suffering of a kingless kingdom.
68. Messengers sent to Fetch Bharatha.
69. Bharatha's bad dream.
70. Bharatha rushes back (to Ayodhya).
71. Bharatha enters (city of Ayodhya).
72. Bharatha wails.
73. Bharatha censures his mother Kaikeyi.
74. (Bharatha) condemns (his mother) Kaikeyi.
75. Bharatha vows (to bring back Raama).
76. Last rites of Dhascharatha performed.
77. Bharatha and Schathrugna lament.
78. Schathrugna attacks Manthara.
79. (Bharatha) orders preparation for journey.
80. Preparation of the route (towards(less)
1. Photojournalism: an introductory overview.
2. Photography and film career: elements and dimensions.
3. Photography, photographic equipments and career handling: tools and techniques.
4. Benefits of digital photography: modern day practices and trend analysis.
5. Professional photographers and photojournalism: major elements and procedures.
6. Journalism, photojournalism and visual journalism: education, techniques and resources.
7. Education in photography and film tutorial: popular trends and guidelines.
8. Analyzing famous photojournalists and their work: an in-depth study.
9. Photojournalism ethics and ethical photojournalism: issues and options.
10. Case study: national press photographers association and its best practices.
Index. "The Encyclopaedia of Photojournalism focuses on photojournalism in its totality.
An introductory overview of the subject area of photojournalism has been provided in the beginning. A detailed account of photography and film career has been provided with special reference to its elements and dimensions.
It also provides a detailed account of(less)
The Puranic foundations of religious syncretism. 21.
The first great reformation : Sankara and the triumph of high intellectual tradition. 22.
The golden age of Brahmanical art. 23.
The supra-human tension in medieval sculpture. 24.
The synthesis of Tantrika culture. 25.
The heirs of Buddhism : the Vajra, Natha and Sahaja movements. VII.
Conflict and re-synthesis: 26. India and Islam : the phase of conflict.
27. The condition of the people in Turko-Afghan times.
28. India and Islam : the rapprochement or Hindustani phase.
29. The second great reformation : Ramananda and the people's Movements of Bhakti and social revolt.
30. Fresh bridges between Hinduism and Islam.
31. The Chaitanya Vaishnava Movement : renaissance in religion and literature.
32. Towards a national Padshahi under the Mughals.
33. The spiritual intimacy between Bhakti' and Sufism.
34. The rise of Sikh religious nationalism.
35. The restoration of the Hindu(less)
The book acquaints the readers with the entire gamut of terms, concepts, and processes of business and organizations. Its coverage includes the varied dimensions and aspects of management-both as a function and as a process.
The book is organized into seven sections-management functions and business environment, economic and financial analysis, excelling through people, managerial competencies, creating and delivering customer value, quantitative methods, and operations and technology management. Using an integrated, multi-perspective approach and a jargon-free style, the book would be equally useful to participants of short-term(less)
1. Impact of soil biodiversity on soil health and its sustainability/K.
Natarajan, P. Stalin and B.
Biodiversity of salt lands and some issues related to their rehabilitation/J.C.
Dagar and P.S.
Influence of land resources on the agro biodiversity in Tamil Nadu/S. Vadivelu, S.
C. Ramesh Kumar, A.
Natarajan and M. Ramesh.
4. Integrated nutrient management for meeting challenges of food security and quality/A.
Subba Rao and D. Damodar Reddy.
5. Resource conservation technologies in rice-wheat cropping system/S.
K. Sharma, M.
L. Jat and K.
6. Production potential and economic analysis of sole and intercropped sugarcane as influenced by nutrient management strategies/T.
R. Rupa and V.
Biodiversity of weeds in the rice ecosystems/V. Chellamuthu and R.
Human resource development in soil resource management/T. Balaguru.
9. Biodiversity of bacterial diazotrophs in rice ecosystem/K.
Kumar and S. Kannaiyan.
10. Genetic diversity of Rhizobium/D.
Balachandar and S. Kannaiyan.
11. Diversity in(less)
Literature: 1. Music in ancient literature.
2. Music in Sanskrit Literature.
3. Music in Brhaddharma Purana.
4. Music in the Linga Purana.
5. Music in the Adbhuta Ramayana.
6. Some names in early Sangita Literature.
7. Some names in early Sangita Literature-contd.
8. Some more names in early Sangita Literature.
9. Later Sangita Literature.
10. Music in the Hamsa Vilasa.
11. Music in some Jain works.
12. Nati's song in Sakuntala.
13. Venkatamakhin and the 72 Melas.
14. The so-called Svararnava.
15. The so-called Akalanka.
16. The Bharata Samgraha of Sri Vidyacakravartin.
18. The Svaramela Kalanidhi of Ramamatya.
19. Kumara Tatacarya, the real author of some of the works ascribed to King Raghunatha of Tanjore.
20. Music in Palukuriki Somanatha's works.
21. The music works of Samanna Suri.
22. Gita Govinda.
23. Sangita Gangadhara of Nanjaraja.
24. The Hastamuktavali of Subhankara.
25. The Ragas in Kerala.
26. Soma Raga.
Biochemical composition of wild copepods, Acartia Erythraea Giesbrecht and Oithona brevicornis Giesbrecht from Coleroon Coastal waters, Southeast Coast of India/M. Rajkumar, K.
P. Kumaraguru Vasagam and P.
Studies on the toxic effects of arsenic on glucose content in freshwater fish, Labeo Rohita (Hamilton)/K. Pazhanisamy.
3. Microbial resources of the mangrove and Vellar-Estuary, Southeast Coast of India/Surajit Das, P.
S. Lyla and S.
Ajmal Khan. 4.
A study on the physico-chemical characteristics of water in Vallur Village of Tiruvallur District, Tamil Nadu, India/M. Sangeetha, P.
Lakshmi Devi, P. Indumathy, J.
Jayanthi and M.G.
Zooplankton diversity of Goutami Godavari Estuary, Yanam, Pondicherry (U.T.
)/K. Sree Latha and S.
Research on Bioactive compounds producing marine actinobacteria/K. Sivakumar, Maloy Kumar Sahu, J.
Rajkumar, T. Thangaradjou and L.
Physico-chemical factors of the waters of Vattambakkam lake in Kanchipuram District, Tamil Nadu, India/R. Eswaralakshmi, J.
Jayanthi and M.G.
Water quality Index(less)
Preface. List of abbreviations.
Text and translation. 2.
Text-critical comments. 3.
Critical and explanatory notes. Indices.
Makhihrdaya: A Critical Study: Preface. 1.
Svara apparatus. 4.
Mela in theory. 5.
Mela in practice. 6.
Raga: descriptions. 7.
Raga: Alapa. 8.
Indices. "Caturdandiprakasika (c.
) of Venkatamakhin is a fundamental treatise of Karnataka music and marks the rearguard in the renaissance of Indian music. It has launched a crucial, conceptual revolution which has metamorphosed this musical system into an enduring and attractive paddhati.
It has been profoundly influencing every musician, musicologist and composer of South India ever since it was written. This influence will remain undimmed in the foreseeable future.
Caturdandiprakasika is written in ten chapters: Vina, Sruti, Svara, Mela, Raga, Alapa, Thaya, Gita, Prabandha and Tala. Caturdandiprakasika is being issued in two volumes: the first volume consists of(less)
List of contributors. Introduction.
I. General: 1.
Centres of origin and diversity of horticultural crops/N. Muthi Anishetty, S.
R. Pandravada, Z.
Abraham and K.S.
Convention on biodiversity/Jayashree Krishnankutty and K.V.
Sacred groves for biodiversity conservation/Savita Bisht. II.
Biodiversity of vegetables: 4. Amaranth/V.
Radishes (Raphanus spp.)/Amish K.
Sureja, E. Sreenivasa Rao and Anilabh D.
Tropical cauliflower/Pritam Kalia. 8.
Jackfruit/Rema Menon, R. Keshavachandran and K.
9. Grape in India/G.
10. Cocoa (Theobroma cacao L.
)/S. Prasannakumari Amma, V.
K. Mallika and E.
K. Lalitha Bai.
III. Biodiversity of spices: 11.
Tamarind (Tamarindus indica L.)/D.
Singh, L. Wangchu, V.
C. Prahalad, P.
S. Chauhan and A.
Indian gooseberry/D. Pandey.
G. Pandey, S.
K. Shukla and R.
13. Orchids of medicinal value/Ajay Kr.
Singh and T.S.
Biodiversity of ornamentals: 14. Plumeria: Temple trees/Jacob Varghese.
"A continuation of Volume 1, Biodiversity in Horticultural Crops, Vol. 2(less)
The history of dairying. 2.
Economics of milk production. 3.
Milk consumption. 4.
Economics of market milk. 5.
Economics of the butter industry. 6.
Economics of the cheese-industry. 7.
Economic phases of the concentrated milk products. 8.
Economics of the ice cream industry. 9.
Economic phases of milk by products. 10.
Origin, development, and classification of dairy cattle. 11.
The Holstein-Friesian. 12.
The jersey. 13.
The Guernsey. 14.
The Ayrshire. 15.
The Brown Swiss. 16.
The milking shorthorn. 17.
The red polled. 18.
The lesser breeds. 19.
Types of dairy farming and breed selection. 20.
Selecting the individual cow. 21.
Fundamental considerations of heredity. 22.
Measures of genetic makeup. 23.
Known inherited characteristics in dairy cattle. 24.
Systems of breeding. 25.
Selection and care of the herd sire. 26.
Artificial insemination. 27.
The purebred business. 28.
Growth and development. 29.
Calf raising. 30.
Raising the heifer from weaning to calving time(less)
Learning and memory: Introduction. 1.
Study of Basic Associative Processes Contributes to our Understanding in Cognitive Science/J. Bruce Overmier and John M.
Minimizing Cognitive Load in Map-based Navigation: The Role of Landmarks/Kazuhiro Tamura, Bipin Indurkhya, Kazuko Shinohara, Barbara Tversky and Cees Van Leeuwen. 3.
Quantitative and Qualitative Differences between Implicit and Explicit Sequence Learning/Arnaud Destrebecqz. 4.
Behavioural Study of the Effect of Trial and Error versus Supervised Learning of Visuo-motor Skills/Ahmed, Raju S. Bapi, V.
S. Chandrasekhar Pammi, K.
P. Miyapuram and Kenji Doya.
5. ACE (Actor - Critic - Explorer) Paradigm for Reinforcement Learning in Basal Ganglia: Highlighting the Role of the Indirect Pathway/Denny Joseph, Garipelli Gangadhar and V.
Srinivasa Chakravarthy. II.
Perception and Attention: 6. Peripersonal Space Representation in Humans: Proprieties, Functions and Plasticity/Elisabetta Ladavas and Andrea Serino.
7. A Neurophysiological Correlate and Model of Reflexive Spatial Attention/Anne B.
Sereno, Sidney R. Lehky, Saumil S.
Patel and Xinmiao Peng. 8(less)
Its decline in the middle ages is related to the parallel rise of the Saunakiya-Samhita as the main text of the Atharvaveda. A mutilated and hopelessly corrupt Sarada manuscript of the Paippalada-Samhita was known from the seventies of the nineteenth century through the efforts of Rudolph von Roth.
But with its lacunae and undetermined readings (ed. L.
C. Barret, 1905-1940) it hardly generated any decisive philological research into the Atharvaveda.
The situation changed with late Durgamohan Bhattacharyya's discovery, after years of search, of complete and much better manuscripts in the Oriya script on which the present edition is based. Durgamohan Bhattacharyya (d.
1965) edited the first four Kandas (Sanskrit College,(less)
Sharma Vedams Books 8174968121 Accountancy Audit Afghanistan AIDS Amitabh Bachchan Animal Science Poultry, Cattle Camel Cattle and Dairy Farming Poultry Zoological Survey of India Publication Anthropology and Sociology Anthropological Survey of India Publications Architecture Vastu Arts of India Archaeology Mohenjodaro/Harappa/Indus Valley Civilization Art History Buddhist Art Mandalas Painting Pahari Rock Art Sculpture Textiles Art Astrology Palmistry Astronomy Ayurveda Bangladesh Bhutan Biographies and Memoirs Botanical Sciences Agronomy Algae Aromatic Plants Bamboo Biodiversity Botanical Survey of India Publications Ethnobotany/Medicinal Plants Floras of India Forestry Fungi/Mosses Herbs Horticulture Grape Mango Mushrooms Jatropha Mangroves Orchids Organic Farming Plant Science Teak Buddhism Central Asian Studies Children Christianity Cinema/Films Cricket Cuisine Dalits Dance and Performing Arts Bharatanatyam Kathak Kathakali Theatre Demography Dictionaries/Glossaries Ecology/Environment Economics/Dev Studies Education Distance Education English Literature Indian Fiction Entomology Geography Climatology Geological Sciences Geological Survey of India Publication Government Publications Herpetology Himalayas Hinduism Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute Publications Mahabharata Purana Ramayana Upanishad(less)
Previously Searched On
- You have no searches yet.
- Nothing viewed yet? Click on a "View Details" next to each document to know more about it.