2. History of industrial microbiology.
3. Nature, classification, morphology and synthesis of viruses.
4. Viruses of eucaryotes.
5. Mycoplasmas and mycoplasmas viruses.
6. Mycobacteria, myxobacteria, rickettsiae and chlamydiae.
7. Bacteria: eubacteria.
8. Archaeobacteria, actinomycetes, actinoplanetes and maduromycetes.
9. Spirochetes and rickettsias.
10. Eukaryota: fungi.
11. Nutrition and photosynthesis in bacteria.
12. Growth and development of microorganisms.
13. Cultivation of bacteria and viruses.
14. Microbial genetics and variations in characters.
15. Techniques of recombinant DNA technology for production of biologicals.
16. Methods of sterilization.
17. Methods of disinfestation.
18. Culturing of industrial microorganisms.
19. Microbes in pharmaceutical industry.
20. Industrial fermenters.
21. Development of industrial microorganisms.
22. Biology of enzymes.
23. Production of enzymes.
24. Production of enzymes by fermentation.
25. Applications of enzymes.
26. Enzyme immobilization.
27. Applications of immobilized enzymes and biosensor technology.
28. Production of industrial Alcohol.
29. Production of organic acid.
30. Production of amino acids(less)
Time Value Of Money 3. Valuation Of Securities, Unit Ii : Financial Analysis And Planning 4.
Statement Of Changes In Financial Position 5. Financial Statements Analysis (Ratio Analysis) Unit Iii : Long Term Capital Decisions 6.
Capital Budgeting 7. Risk Analysis In Capital Budgeting 8.
Cost Of Capital Unit Iv : Financial Decisions 9. Financing Decisions – Operating And Financing Leverage 10.
Capital Structure Planning And Value Of The Firm Unit V : Dividend Decisions 11. Dividend Decisions And Valuation Of The Firm 12.
Dividend Policy Unit Vi : Management Of Current Assets 13. Working Capital Management 14.
Cash Management 15. Receivables Management 16.
Inventory Management Unit Vii : Financial Restructuring 17. Financial Restructuring – Mergers / Acquisitions / Takeovers, Appendix, Glossary, Index.
"This second revised and enlarged edition presents an integrated understanding of the concepts and(less)
Bioinformatics – an overview/S. Seshadri, K.
Kathiravan, R. Elangomathavan, S.
Prakash and S. Ignacimuthu.
2. Bioinformatics : a boon to the mankind/Yogesh T.
Jasrai, Bhavisha B. Wala, Maulik N.
Thaker and Anuja N. Dubey.
3. Bioinformatics – approaches and applications/S.
Seshadri, S. Janarthanan, K.
Kathiravan, S. Prakash, R.
Elangomathavan and S. Ignacimuthu.
4. Structural bioinformatics/Talluri Sekhar, J.
Murthy and Adam Liwo. 5.
Protein and nucleic acid databases, their accession and searching/R. Thimmaraju and N.
Agro-informatics and its strategic role in agricultural research/D.K.
Verma and N.K.
Mandal and P. Kumar.
8. Web based programming/D.
P. Bhavani Shekhar.
9. Artificial intelligence/D.
P. Bhavani Shekhar and Azeez Ahmed Khan.
"Computers are now an integral part of the biological world and without them, advancements in biology and medicine would undoubtedly be hindered. The partnership between these non-living structures (computers) and biology has created a need for mergers in certain aspects of the(less)
Microbiology: Then And Now. Chapter 2.
The Chemical Building Blocks Of Life. Chapter 3 Concepts And Tools For Studying Microorganisms.
Chapter 4. Cell Structure And Function In The Bacteria And Archaea.
Chapter 5. Microbial Growth And Nutrition.
Chapter 6. Metabolism Of Microorganisms.
Chapter 7. Control Of Microorganisms: Physical And Chemical Methods.
Part 2. The Genetics Of Microorganisms: Chapter 8.
Microbial Genetics. Chapter 9.
Gene Transfer, Genetic Engineering, And Genomics. Part 3 Bacterial Diseases Of Humans: Chapter 10.
Airborne Bacterial Diseases. Chapter 11.
Foodborne And Waterborne Bacterial Diseases. Chapter 12.
Soilborne And Arthropodborne Bacterial Diseases. Chapter 13.
Sexually Transmitted And Contact Transmitted Bacterial Diseases. Part 4.
Viruses And Eukaryotic Microorganisms: Chapter 14. The Viruses And Virus-Like Agents.
Chapter 15. Viral Infections Of The Respiratory Tract And Skin.
Chapter 16. Viral Infections Of The Blood, Lymphatic, Gastrointestinal, And Nervous Systems.
Chapter 17. Eukaryotic Microorganisms: The Fungi.
Chapter 18. Eukaryotic(less)
Varnashram Dharma. 3.
Hindu Samskara. 4.
Purushartha : Goals of human pursuit. 5.
Doctrine of Avatara. 6.
Sagaramanthan : Churninco of ocean mythology. 7.
Pilgrimage Tirthyatra. 8.
Panchayatana : worship of five deities. 9.
Idol worship and erotica in temples. 10.
Principal Hindu deities. Appendices.
"Indian culture has been Veda centric. It was, therefore considered necessary to make a rapid survey of what constitutes the Veda in the beginning.
Vedas are the oldest literature of the world. They are the holy books of the Hindus and are the foundation of Hindu religion (Vedo akhilo dharma mulam) and such the chief object of the nation's greatest reverence and admiration.
They have been so thoroughly and religiously preserved that despite their huge bulk and elapse of thousands of years since their codification not a single variation in the reading has been detected. No country has taken care so meticulously and tediously to(less)
Multiple choice. 2.
True or false. 3.
Fill in the blanks. 4.
Matching. "The book covers almost entire field of Animal Husbandry from the history to advances in diseases management in the form of objective question and answer.
The questions have been farmed very critically in a manner that they cover various aspects of Animal Husbandry. The book contains selected and standard questions setup for sound knowledge of the subject.
Rare and latest information has been provided in each chapter. This book will also be useful for those appearing in competitive examinations.
Like admission tests, ARS, NET, SLET, SEF, SET, IRMA, UPSC, NABARD and Civil Services Examinations as it would help them to revise the entire course of Animal Husbandry within a short time to recollect the vast knowledge they gained by reading different books of Animal Husbandry. This book contains up to date information in the form of objective question-answers including(less)
1. Introduction to bioinformatics.
3. Sequence alignment and database searching.
4. Phylogenetic analysis.
5. Predictive methods.
6. Plasmid mapping and primer design.
7. Proteomics and genomics.
8. Insilico drug design.
9. Bioinformatics software and its applications.
10. GCG Wisconsin package.
Index. "Bioinformatics is an upcoming disciplines of life sciences.
It is an integration of computer science and mathematical and statistical methods to manage and analyze the biological data. The fundamental issues that directly impact an understanding of life at structural, functional and molecular level and regulation of gene expression can be studies by using bioinformatics tools.
The Fundamentals of Bioinformatics is a comprehensive book for research scholars, who urge to learn about theoretical as well as practical aspects of this upcoming field. This pioneering book provides up-to-date information of bioinformatics and emphasizes recent topics like drug design technology, pharmacogenomics, proteomics and genomics.
The present textbook will be an(less)
Biotechnology: an overview. 2.
DNA, Gene, genome, protein synthesis and DNA chip technology. 3.
Applications of genetic engineering. 4.
Enzymes in genetic engineering (nucleic acid enzymology). 5.
Gene cloning vectors. 6.
Recombinant DNA technology. 7.
Genetic engineering techniques. 8.
Expression of induced genes. 9.
Gene silincing and antisense technology. 10.
Scope, achievements and hazards of genetically modified crops. 11.
Eco-social impact of genetically modified crops/foods. 12.
Plant tissue culture: principles and methodology. 13.
Histological and photographic techniques for plant tissue culture. 14.
Protoplast technology. 15.
Micropropagation in plants. 16.
Somatic embryogenesis. 17.
Somaclonal and gametoclonal variant selection. 18.
Gynogenesis and crop improvement. 19.
Synseeds or synthetic seeds. 20.
Plant tissue culture some related aspects. 21.
Animal cell and tissue culture. 22.
Immunology, serology and vaccines. 23.
Animal health biotechnology. 24.
Antimicrobial drugs and biotechnology. 25.
Applications of animal biotechnology. 26.
Transgenic animal technology. 27.
Biotechnology in fisheries. 28.
Biotechnology and transgenic plants(less)
It covers both spark ignition and compression ignition engines'''as well as those operating on four-stroke cycles and on two stroke cycles. The text covers the fundamentals of fuels, combustion, heat transfer, lubrication, and fluid mechanics as applied in the operation of IC engines.
This student friendly text is illustrated with a large number of diagrams and Figures. These along with end of chapter solved and unsolved problems, a list of frequently used notations, symbols, and abbreviations enhance its value as a text.
Table of Contents Preface. Acknowledgments.
Operating Characteristics. 3.
Engine Cycles. 4.
Thermochemistry and Fuels. 5.
Air and Fuel Induction. 6.
Fluid Motion within Combustion Chamber. 7.
Exhaust Flow. 9.
Emissions and Air Pollution. 10.
Heat Transfer in Engines. 11.
Friction and Lubrication. Appendixes.
References. Answers to Selected Review Problems.
The texts. 1.
The mystical significance of the sacrificial horse (BAU (M) 1:1). 2.
A creation myth associated with the Agnicayana and Asvamedha (from BAU (M) 1:2). 3.
'Lead me from untruth (or non-being) to truth (or being)..
. (from BAU (M) 1:3).
4. Another creation myth: The underlying oneness (BAU (M) 1:4).
5. A Brahmin turns to a Ksatriya as teacher, and the parable of the sleeping man (from BAU (M) 2:1).
6. Yajnavalkya and Maitreyi (BAU (M) 2:4).
7. Yajnavalkya's disputations at the assembly of King Janaka, 1: The cows and the hotr Asvala (BAU (M) 3:1).
8. Yajnavalkya's disputations at the assembly of King Janaka, 2: Release from "re-death" (BAU (M) 3:3).
9. Yajnavalkya's disputations at the assembly of King Janaka, 3: Vacaknavi Gargi challenges Yajnavalkya (BAU (M) 3:8).
10. Yajnavalkya's disputations at the assembly of King Janaka.
11. The beginning of Svetaketu's instruction in the transcendental unity of everything(less)
Fundamental principles: 1. Modern accountancy.
2. Preliminary information.
4. Double-entry bookkeeping.
5. Determination of capital or deficit.
II. The ledger: 6.
Classification of ledger accounts. 7.
The trial balance. 8.
Determination of profit or loss. 9.
Statement of trading and profit and loss. 10.
Statement of cash receipts and payments. 11.
The balance sheet. 12.
Statement of affairs. 13.
Realization and liquidation statement. 14.
The use of supporting schedules. 15.
The journal. 16.
Illustrative problems in journalization. 17.
The cashbook. 18.
Purchase records. 19.
Sales records. 20.
Miscellaneous cash matters. 21.
Miscellaneous purchase matters. 22.
The voucher system. 23.
Miscellaneous sales matters. III.
Miscellaneous accounting topics: 24. Controlling accounts.
25. Trade discount and cash discount.
26. Illustrative cash book entries.
27. Notes and trade acceptances.
28. Illustrative note transactions journalized.
30. The use of subsidiary books illustrated.
31. Partnership accounting opening and current entries.
32. Partnership accounting: dissolution(less)
2. Enzymes in Milk and Cheese Industries.
3. Enzymes in Baking Industry.
4. Enzymes in Fruit Juices and Beverages Industry.
5. Enzymes in Meat Industries.
6. Enzymes in Sugar Industries.
7. Enzymes in Fat, Oil, Flavor and Fragrance Industries.
8. Immobilized Enzymes in Food Processing.
9. Enzymes as Analytical Tools in Food Processing.
10. Novel Strategies for Designing Food Enzymes : Genomics and Proteomics Approach.
"This book reflects an in depth study of high academic standards dealing in a coherent and lucid way the most comprehensive and advances in application of enzymes in food processing. This indispensable treatise is the product of combined efforts of leading experts of excellent academic credentials in the area of food technology and biotechnology.
This unique volume gives a holistic view about the interventions of enzymes in food processing i.e.
• Handles different enzymes used in food processing at one platform. • Discusses(less)
Previously Searched On
- You have no searches yet.
- Nothing viewed yet? Click on a "View Details" next to each document to know more about it.