1. Biotechnology – The New Revolution.
2. History of Biotechnology.
3. Plant Biotechnology.
4. Animal Biotechnology.
5. Medical Biotechnology.
6. Industrial Biotechnology.
7. Environmental Biotechnology.
8. Aquaculture and Marine Biotechnology.
10. Where to Study Biotechnology? 11.
Job Opportunities. Appendices.
Glossary. The book reckons to the young aspirants willing to make their careers in the upcoming area of Biotechnology.
A brief detail on different branches of biotechnology including plant, animal, medicine, marine, bioinformatics, environment and industrial has been given. What are the job opportunities and where to look for them have been exhaustively listed.
List of institutes offering different courses, the important references books and the websites are the important appendices and that, along with a glossary of technical terms, make the book even more relevant and useful for students, their guardians, academicians, industry peoples as well. Written by two eminent persons in the field, the book also includes brief write-ups(less)
2. Indian accounting standards 2: inventories.
3. Indian accounting standards 7: statements of cash flows.
4. Indian accounting standards 8: accounting policies, changes in accounting estimates and errors.
5. Indian accounting standards 10: events after the reporting period.
6. Indian accounting standards 11: construction contracts.
7. Indian accounting standards 12: income taxes.
8. Indian accounting standards 16: property , plant and equipment.
9. Indian accounting standards 17 : leases.
10. Indian accounting standards 18: revenue.
11. Indian accounting standards 19: employee benefits.
12. Indian accounting standards 20 : accounting for government grants and disclosure of government assistance.
13. Indian accounting standards 21: the effects of changes in foreign exchange rates.
14. Indian accounting standards 23: borrowing costs.
15. Indian accounting standards 24 : related party disclosures.
16. Indian accounting standards 27: consolidated and separate financial statements.
17. Indian accounting standards 28 : investment in(less)
Network layer functions and protocols. 3.
Transport layer functions and protocols. 4.
Application layer services and protocols. 5.
Survey of contemporary internet technologies. 6.
Server site programming. "This publication provides comprehensive information about networking from the lowest levels of data transmission and wiring to the highest level of application software.
It successfully answers all questions from the area of computer networking and internet operation. After giving a brief explanation of how the underlying hardware works and discussing modulating a carrier, asynchronous, character-oriented data transmission, it defines terms such as bandwidth and baud.
It introduces ten motivation for using packets, and then describes characteristics used to categorize networks as: LANs, local loops, WANs, public or private, connection oriented or connectionless, as well as basic network topologies and wiring schemes. Finally it includes a discussion of both general and specific applications by describing the client-server model(less)
South East Asian Zoological Parks' Association (SEAZA). 2.
Methods of assessing zoo animal welfare and ethics in South East Asia. 3.
Zoo animal welfare evaluations in Thailand (I). 4.
Zoo Animal welfare evaluations in Thailand (II). 5.
Zoo animal welfare evaluations in Malaysia. 6.
Zoo animal welfare evaluations in Java, Indonesia. 7.
Ethics and welfare problems in three small zoos in Sumatra, Indonesia. 8.
Animal welfare evaluations in selected zoos in the Philippines. 9.
Zoo animal welfare evaluations in Vietnam. 10.
Ethics and welfare evaluations in Singapore. 11.
Taiwan's wildlife conservation and animal protection laws: problems and prospects. 12.
Can orangutans be exhibited in social setting to enhance welfare? 13. Need for zoo assessments to improve animal welfare in China and India.
14. Use and abuse of nonhuman primates in entertainment in South East Asia.
15. Exhibiting primates in naturalistic exhibit to maximize welfare.
16. Rehabilitation and release of orangutans in the(less)
2. Signal Analysis.
3. Quantum Mechanics.
6. Fluid dynamics.
7. Group Representations.
8. Control Theory.
9. Dynamical Systems.
10. Quantum Stochastic Calculus.
11. Statistical Mechanics.
12. Antenna Theory: Analysis and Synthesis.
13. Quantum Field Theory.
14. Statistical Signal Processing Problems in Music.
15. Miscellaneous Study Project Problems.
16. BE Projects.
17. Objective type questions.
"The mathematical tools used in signal analysis involve differential and difference equations, integral equations, matrix algebra and calculus, complex analysis and probability theory and random processes. This book applies these tools to problems in various branches of physics like fluid dynamics, electromagnetism and quantum theory.
The book will be of use to research workers in signal processing as well as to research workers in physics and applied mathematics. Partial differential equations have been introduced here as an additional tool in signal analysis since they are used to describe quantum, electromagnetic and(less)
List of contributors. I.
Revolutional oxides: 1. Function cultivation in transparent oxides utilizing natural and artificial nanostructures/Hideo Hosono and Masahiro Hirano.
2. The role of lattice defects of oxides/Mitsuru Itoh.
3. Size effect of ferroelectric and high permittivity thin films/Hiroshi Funakubo.
II. State-of-the-Art Polymers: 4.
Photonic devices using liquid crystal nanostructures/Hideo Takezoe. 5.
Nanocylinder array structures in block copolymer thin films/Kaori Kamata and Tomokazu Iyoda. 6.
Nano-size charge inhomogeneity in organic metals/Takehiko Mori. III.
Nanostructure design for new functions: 7. Size control of nanostructures by quantum confinement/Hiroyuki Hirayama.
8. Grain boundary dynamics in ceramics superplasticity/Fumihiro Wakai and Arturo Dominguez-Rodriguez.
9. Nanostructure control for high-strength and high-ductility aluminum alloys/Tatsuo Sato.
IV. Nanostructure architecture for engineering applications: 10.
Nanoporous materials from mineral and organic templates/Kiyoshi Okada and Kenneth J.D.
Enhancement of thermoelectric figure of merit through nanostructural control on intermetallic semiconductors toward high-temperature applications/Yoshinao(less)
Introduction to organic agriculture: 1. Organic agriculture: an overview.
2. Why organic farming? 3.
Organic farming verses conventional farming. 4.
Organic farming tactics. 5.
How to convert to organic farming? 6. Principles of organic farming.
8. Terminology used in organic farming.
II. Standards for organic agriculture: 1.
Definition and classification. 2.
Countries with a fully implemented, with finalized and with draft regulations with contact details. 4.
Countries with a finalized regulation--not yet fully implemented (8) with contact details. 5.
Countries in the process of drafting regulation (15) with contact details. 6.
Standards: Indian scenario. 7.
Key organizations working for promotion of organic agriculture in India. 8.
Guidelines of important standards. III.
Accreditation and organic agriculture: 1. Accreditation: an overview.
2. IFOAM accredited certification bodies.
3. The route to accreditation.
4. Group accreditation.
5. Accreditation: Indian scenario.
6. Accredited inspection / certifying agencies.
IV. Certification and inspection in organic agriculture: 1.
2. Introduction to the species.
3. Callus induction.
4. Plant regeneration/organogenesis in vitro.
5. Somatic embryogenesis.
6. Micro-propagation/clonal propagation.
7. Floral bud culture.
8. Androgenic haploidy.
9. Salt and drought tolerance.
10. Antibiotic resistance.
11. Genetic transformation.
"The present book deals with the biotechnological research work on the medicinally important species solanum surattense. This book has been written for researchers those who are doing research for improvement of medicinal plant using biotechnological tools.
The subject matter has been presented in lucid manner with the help of photos, figures and tables. It covers the review of plant tissue culture in general including the species, callus induction from different explants, and callus mediated and direct plants regeneration, induction of somatic enbryogenesis and plantlet formation, micropropagation (shoot tip and nodal culture), plantlet formation from floral bud culture, haploid plant production, salt and drought tolerant cell lines selection, development of antibiotic resistance(less)
Comprehensive references to comparable features and phenomena from other Middle Indic languages mean that this grammar can also be used to study the literature of Jainism(less)
Constraints of bacterial bio-inoculant production and its quality assurance/B. Kumar, K.
K. Joshi, R.
C. Dubey and D.
2. Psychrophiles: their diversity and industrial applications/Mahejibin Khan and Reeta Goel.
3. Lactic acid: a potential microbial metabolite/Gopal Reddy, B.
J. Naveena and Md.
Production, characteristics and biotechnological applications of Alkaline Pectinases/D.C.
Sharma and T. Satyanarayana.
5. Properties, uses and directed evolution of glucansucrases elaborated by various Leuconostoc mesenteroides/Doman Kim, Hee-Kyoung Kang, Jin-Ha Lee, Hwa-Ja Ryu, Eun-Seong Seo, Myung-Suk Ha.
6. Biotechnological relevance of Ergot Alkaloids with future perspectives/P.
Mehta and A. Mehta.
7. Production of value-added hydroxy fatty acids by a bacterial strain Pseudomonas aeruginosa PR3/Hakryul Kim and Sun Chul Kang.
8. Bioactive potential of actinomycetes from India and Saudi Arabia/N.
N. Nawani, M.
S. Shejul, A.
Y. Al-Mahdi and B.
9. Potential of entomopathogenic fungi for management of insect pests/S.
S. Sandhu, P.
Vikrant and R.C.
Application of fusaria in agricultural(less)
Application of stem cell technology/Poonam Meena, Sampat Nehra and Widhi Dubey. 2.
Pharmacogenomics/Sampat Nehra, Parul Sharma and Raman L. Midha.
3. Genome analysis for drug designing/Sampat Nehra, Manoj Dixit and N.
4. Ex-vivo and in-vivo gene therapy/Sampat Nehra, Poonam Meena and Indu Rani Sharma.
5. Edible vaccines/Sampat Nehra, Poonam, Meena and J.
6. Application of transgenic animal in human healthcare/Sampat Nehra, Poonam Meena and Sonali Chaturvedi.
Index. "The present book "Biotechnology : Applications in Human Healthcare" provides an authoritative review account of many aspects of current interest and progress in the field of biotechnology for human healthcare that has been made in the recent past.
The discovery and application of monoclonal antibodies for detecting and purifying a variety of biological compounds has greatly expanded industrial ventures in the medical, diagnostic, pharmaceutical and veterinary fields. Major section includes articles on application of stem cell technology; pharmacogenomics; genome analysis for drug designing;(less)
Agricultural biotechnology. 3.
Plant biotechnology to agriculture. 4.
Modern biotechnology for food and agriculture. 5.
Genetically modified foods. 6.
Genetic engineering and food security. 7.
Food safety and the environment. 8.
Agricultural biotechnology in Asia. 9.
Risk assessment and management. 10.
Biotechnology to sustainable agriculture. 11.
Biotechnology research and development. 12.
New wave of agricultural biotechnology. 13.
Role of science in poverty eradication. 14.
Experimentation techniques in biotechnology. 15.
Ethical challenges of agricultural biotechnology. Bibliography.
Index. "The recent development in biotechnology have led to rapid progress in understanding the genetic basis of living organisms, and the ability to develop products and processes useful to human and animal health, food and agriculture, and industry.
In agriculture, there is increasing use of biotechnology for genetic mapping and marker-assisted selection to aid more precise and rapid development of new strains of improved crops and livestock. Biotechnology applications such as tissue culture and micro-propagation(less)
Readers of all ages will love the succinct, easy-to-understand question-and-answer format, arranged subject-wise.From the earth's beginnings through the Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous periods to today's discovery-laden sites, The Handy Dinosaur GK Book provides hundreds of easily digested dinosaur facts.
Complete with tables, charts, photos and illustrations, it's the perfect reference to help decipher 65-million-year-old mysteries. You'll go back to it time and again for fundamental information on the greatest creatures that ever lived(less)
Previously Searched On
- You have no searches yet.
- Nothing viewed yet? Click on a "View Details" next to each document to know more about it.