Introduction 2. Genetic Resources a.
Phyllogeny, Origin and Domestication b. Genetic Diversity i.
Studies on other Species of Pennisetum 3. Seeds, Germination, And Seedling Eastablishment a.
Seeds b. Biotechnology of Seed Characteristics c.
Seed Germination d. Seedling Emergence and Establishment e.
Seedling Establishment 4. Vegetative And Reproductive Growth a.
Vegetative Growth i. Drymatter ii.
Root System b. Reproductive Growth c.
Phenology i. Yield Components 5.
Cultural Practcies And Productivity a. Soil Preparation b.
Sowing Date c. Fertilization d.
Intercropping e. Weed Control f.
Productivity i. Studies on the Use and Cultural Practices of other Pennisetum spp.
6. Physiological Basis Of Crop Growth And Productivity a.
Biochemistry b. Physiology i.
Photosynthesis 1. Light 2.
Temperature 3. Chlorophyll 4.
Photosynthesis ii. Abiotic Stress Factors 1.
Drought 2. Biotechnology of Drought Tolerance in Pearl Millet 3.
Salinity 4. Research Advances in Salinity Tolerance in Pearl Millet (ICRISAT) 5.
Ameriolative Function 6. Effect(less)
Origin and growth of agriculture. 2.
Development of agricultural research. II.
Agricultural libraries: 3. Agricultural libraries in India.
4. Types of agricultural libraries.
III. Information sources in agriculture: 5.
Sources of information. IV.
Information services: 6. Users and their needs.
7. Dissemination of information.
8. Information services to scientists.
9. Information service to agriculturists.
V. Information diffusion: 10.
Information diffusion process. 11.
Information diffusion agencies. VI.
Information systems: 12. Information systems and networks.
13. National Information System for Food Science and Technology (NICFOS) (Mysore).
14. AGRIS and India.
15. Networking of agricultural libraries (A proposal of Dr.
VII. Committees on agricultural libraries: 16.
Indo-American study teams. 17.
Agricultural library and study team (1973) (Summary and recommendations). 18.
Review committee on agricultural Universities (1978). VIII.
Library profession: 19. Agricultural librarianship as a profession.
20. Professional associations and development of agricultural librarianship in India.
IX. Important institutions: 21.
January-June, 2001: 1. An overview of biocontrol agents of Phytophagous mites associated with vegetable crops in India/A.
K. Singh and R.
2. Bio-efficacy of new formulation Quinalphos 20 AF against Pigeonpea Pod Borer, Helicoverpa Armigera (Hubner)/D.
William Rajasekhar, J.S.
Awakanavar and S. Lingappa.
3. Effect of insecticides on different developmental stages of Spiralling Whitefly (Aleurodicus Dispersus, Russel) with leaf dip method/D.
N. Kambrekar and J.
4. Evaluation of Sorghum (Sorghum Bicolor L.
) germplasm stock for multiple pest resistance/R.A.
Balikai and M.M.
Management of Helicoverpa Armigera (Hub.) by sequential sprays of NPV and Neem (Azadirachta Indica) derivatives in Pigeonpea (Cajanus Cajan)/N.
S. Kulkarni, G.
H. Santoshkumar and K.
6. Effect of intercropping on population of predators in cotton/Mahabaleshwar Hegde, K.
A. Kulkarni and S.
Relative efficacy of dust formulations against Antigastra Catalaunalis Dup. of Sesame/H.
S. Rai, M.
L. Verma and R.
8. Pesticidal management of Spiralling Whitefly (Aleurodicus Dispersus, Russel) on(less)
Academic libraries on India/K. Ravindran.
2. Academic libraries in higher education in Kerala: an assessment/G.
Public library development in India: an historical perspective since 1947/S.S.
Special libraries scene in India: a conspectus/K.P.
Manuscript libraries in India/P. Perumal.
6. Health information for the world: an overview with special reference to India/M.
Chandrakumaran Nair. 7.
Health science literature and information resources: global and Indian scenario/S. Balasubramanian.
8. Development of subject indexing in India/M.
Parameswaran and T.V.
Ramesh Kumar. 9.
Library computerisation in India: an overview/S. Shibu Ray and S.
Shynu Ray. 10.
Services in automated libraries: challenges and opportunities/Henry N. Mendelsohn.
11. Databases and networks in India/A.
Electronic journals/S. Shynu Ray and S.
Shibu Ray. 13.
The attitude of professional librarians towards information technology/K.P.
Somanathan Nair. 14.
Motivation to manage: a comparative study between male and female library and information students in the United States of(less)
Industry in India. 2.
Industrial policy. 3.
Industry and the plan. II.
Industrial organisations: 4. Important heavy industry organisations.
5. Important small scale industry organisations: Appendices: i.
List of research organisations with industry application. ii.
Subject-wise industrial organisations. III.
Industrial library: 6. Industrial library : concept and history.
7. Organisation of a special library.
8. Special collection.
IV. Industrial information: 9.
Industrial information in India: an overview. 10.
Industrial information systems and services. 11.
Industrial information sources in India. Appendices: i.
Short list of information sources for business/industry. ii.
Industrial Information System in Russia. V.
Users: 12. User needs and services.
VI. Staff: 13.
"This book is targeted to students of M.LISc who would like to offer 'Business' or 'Industrial Librarianship' an an 'elective'.
It will also help the practicing librarians to pick-up some useful tips or in broadening their knowledge. The book provides a comprehensive picture of(less)
Use of biotechnology to abate pollution using phytoremediation/Manjula K. Saxena and B.
Application of plant Tissue culture for the production of useful secondary metabolites/Renu Sarin. 3.
Biotechnological implications for chromosome diagnostic/R.A.
Sharma, Sanju Jainth and R.K.
Role of DNA bending in transcription/Manjula K. Saxena and Annuja Tyagi.
5. Biotransformation as an innovative approach in industry/Parul Bhatt, Manjula K.
Saxena and Amla Batra. 6.
Future prospects and problems of Stem Cells/Renu Sarin. 7.
Conversion of feedstock to produce biodiesel from various sources/Pankaj Verma, S. Datta and M.
8. Plant defense mechanism and elicitors/Mala Agarwal and Renu Sarin.
9. Future scope of nanobiotechnology in medical community/S.
Datta, Pankaj Verma, M.K.
Sharma and Manjula K. Saxena.
10. Molecular markers: concepts, types and applications/B.
L. Darji, Manjula K.
Saxena and S. Datta.
11. Strategies for production of alkaloids from in vitro culture/Rekha Vijayvergia and Priyanka Vijay.
12. Applications of polymeric chain reaction/Charu(less)
Archives as a source of information. 2.
Archivists and association of archivists in India. 3.
Laws of archival science. II.
History: 4. History and development of archival centres in India.
5. Science archives.
III. Archival material: 6.
Archival material. 7.
Archival sources: 9. Archival sources (1).
10. Archival sources (2).
V. Organisation of archives: 11.
Organisation of archives in British India. 12.
National archives. 13.
State archives. VI.
Deterioration and care: 14. Deterioration: causes and control.
15. Care of archival material.
VII. Preservation, conservation and restoration: 16.
Cleaning, washing and flattening. 19.
Appendices: 21. Bibliographical control of indological works.
22. The historical records (of national importance) preservation bill 1955.
Index. "The book archival librarianship is written keeping in view the needs of the students of library and information science opting this subject as an elective(less)
Hemantaranjan Edited by A. Hemantaranjan Vedams Books 8172335243 Accountancy Audit Afghanistan AIDS Amitabh Bachchan Animal Science Poultry, Cattle Camel Cattle and Dairy Farming Poultry Zoological Survey of India Publication Anthropology and Sociology Anthropological Survey of India Publications Architecture Vastu Arts of India Archaeology Mohenjodaro/Harappa/Indus Valley Civilization Art History Buddhist Art Mandalas Painting Pahari Rock Art Sculpture Textiles Art Astrology Palmistry Astronomy Ayurveda Bangladesh Bhutan Biographies and Memoirs Botanical Sciences Agronomy Algae Aromatic Plants Bamboo Biodiversity Botanical Survey of India Publications Ethnobotany/Medicinal Plants Floras of India Forestry Fungi/Mosses Herbs Horticulture Grape Mango Mushrooms Jatropha Mangroves Orchids Organic Farming Plant Science Teak Buddhism Central Asian Studies Children Christianity Cinema/Films Cricket Cuisine Dalits Dance and Performing Arts Bharatanatyam Kathak Kathakali Theatre Demography Dictionaries/Glossaries Ecology/Environment Economics/Dev Studies Education Distance Education English Literature Indian Fiction Entomology Geography Climatology Geological Sciences Geological Survey of India Publication Government Publications(less)
I. Technological perspective: I.
Business Libraries and Information Services (BLISs) today: 1. Integrating library and computing services: a new perspective/M.
Paul Pandian. 2.
New information environment: a challenge for librarianship/Tariq Ashraf. 3.
The Net and its Web/Shiva Kanaujia. II.
Learning resource development: 4. Fourth generation libraries/Saji Gopinath, Ashok Pathak, Manoj Kumar and M.
5. Smart card applications in libraries and information centres: Indian scenario/Ramesh C.
Gaur, Kavita Gaur and Akhtar Hussain. 6.
Technology application and management of LICs in ICSSR/Anuradha Kakkar. 7.
Knowledge management in business libraries and information centres: changing perspectives in the 21 century/Sanjay Singh, K.L.
Mahawar and Himanshu Sharma. III.
Information resources : access and retrieval: 8. Electronic resources in management and related areas/Chikkamallaiah Neela and Subbanna.
9. Web search engines: a tool for information retrieval and dissemination/Sangayya S.
Implementing library automation at IIML/M.U.
Degloorkar and Kavita Dayal. 11.
Managing legal information using CDS/ISIS:(less)
Haploidy ii. Inheritance of Traits iii.
Fruit Shape iv. Inheritance of Seed Colour v.
Interspecific Hybrid Performance vi. Capsaicinoids vii.
Graft Induced Variants 2. Variability In Plant Type In Chilli a) Introduction b) Varying Breeding Lines Identified in various Vibha Agrotech i.
Morphology c) Hypothesized Ideal Plant Type-I i. An Erect Plant 1.
Plants with Open Type Growth Habitat d) Ideal Plant Type-II i. Thick Stem 1.
Open Canopy e) Ideal Plant Type-lll f) Ideotype-IV g) Ideotype-V 3. Genetic Resources a) Origin, Phylogeny and Evolution i.
Prehistory ii. Phylogeny iii.
Collection iv. Dispersion Route v.
Genetic Diversity 4. Seed Germination And Seedling Establishment a) Factors Affect Seed Germination i.
Germination at different Stages and Temperatures ii. Light, Temperatures and Seed Treatments iii.
Post-harvest Treatments iv. Packaging in Modified Atmosphere v.
Seed Moisture and(less)
I. Library and information science education: 1.
Data mining technology for skills and knowledge in library education at Chicago State University: student assessment in live text software for tracking and teaching data mining/Gabriel Gomez. 2.
Accreditation: Panacea for producing better LIS professionals/N.R.
Satyanarayana and Ranjana Srivastava. 3.
Open access initiatives and E-LIS archive in library and information science/R. Raman Nair.
4. Brotherhood among LIS teachers and librarians: some issues on partnership/S.
Kumar and Leena Shah. 5.
Moral duties and responsibilities of Library and Information Science (LIS) professionals: an Indian perspective/Prashanta Kumar Behera, Bibhuti R. Mishra and Mukhtiar Singh.
6. Periodicals literature on library and information science education: bibliometric study/Rekha Mittal, Arti Sharma and Gian Singh.
II. Librarianship and library management: 7.
Library and information services in global information society/R.K.
Motivational approach to knowledge worker/Puspanjali Jena. 9.
Stress management in libraries/U.C.
Sharma and Mange Ram. 10.
Librarianship: stress clouds(less)
L. Kaul Edited by B.
L. Kaul Vedams Books 8170353270 Accountancy Audit Afghanistan AIDS Amitabh Bachchan Animal Science Poultry, Cattle Camel Cattle and Dairy Farming Poultry Zoological Survey of India Publication Anthropology and Sociology Anthropological Survey of India Publications Architecture Vastu Arts of India Archaeology Mohenjodaro/Harappa/Indus Valley Civilization Art History Buddhist Art Mandalas Painting Pahari Rock Art Sculpture Textiles Art Astrology Palmistry Astronomy Ayurveda Bangladesh Bhutan Biographies and Memoirs Botanical Sciences Agronomy Algae Aromatic Plants Bamboo Biodiversity Botanical Survey of India Publications Ethnobotany/Medicinal Plants Floras of India Forestry Fungi/Mosses Herbs Horticulture Grape Mango Mushrooms Jatropha Mangroves Orchids Organic Farming Plant Science Teak Buddhism Central Asian Studies Children Christianity Cinema/Films Cricket Cuisine Dalits Dance and Performing Arts Bharatanatyam Kathak Kathakali Theatre Demography Dictionaries/Glossaries Ecology/Environment Economics/Dev Studies Education Distance Education English Literature Indian Fiction Entomology Geography Climatology Geological Sciences Geological Survey of India Publication Government Publications(less)
1. Planning for library automation.
2. Internet: development, fundamentals and impact on libraries in Indian scenario.
3. Development and management of digital resources.
4. Digital reference service.
5. Information retrieval system.
6. Electronic resources for Indian management schools.
7. Effective communication: a key to success for library and information professionals.
8. Emerging opportunities & challenges of information superhighway.
9. Psychosocial consequences of information technology (Internet).
10. Network security issues: an overview.
11. Basics of networks and network implementation in M.
D. University, Rohtak.
12. Internet use policy for libraries.
13. Internet applications in academic libraries: an Indian scenario.
14. RFID technology for libraries.
15. Electronic reference sources: an assessment.
16. Digital preservation: a challenge to libraries.
17. Content and information management: with special reference to India.
18. Role of librarian in modern age.
19. A new role of academic librarians in distance education.
20. The changing role and responsibilities of librarians(less)
2. Black pepper diseases in India.
3. Diseases of cardamom.
4. Diseases of coconut: a.
Phytoplasma diseases of coconut-root (wilt) and Tatipaka diseases. b.
Insect transmission of Phytoplasmal diseases of coconut with special reference to root (wilt) disease. c.
Leaf rot and bud rot of coconut. d.
Minor diseases. e.
Basal stem rot disease of coconut. f.
Stem bleeding disease. g.
Nutritional deficiency symptoms in coconut. 5.
Important coca diseases in India. 6.
Diseases of coffee. 7.
Diseases of ginger. 8.
Diseases and disorders of oil palm and their management. 9.
Rubber diseases. 10.
Diseases of tea. 11.
Diseases of tree spices. 12.
Diseases of turmeric. 13.
Diseases of Vanilla. Index.
"Plantation crops and spices have a prime role in our day-to-day life. These crops are the backbone of the Indian export economy.
The state Kerala is blessed with a biodiversity of plantation crops and spices and(less)
Previously Searched On
- You have no searches yet.
- Nothing viewed yet? Click on a "View Details" next to each document to know more about it.